Not just better healthcare, but a better healthcare experience.
The Plan aims to improve the care of consumers, and raise awareness and highlight the gaps in integration across mental health, alcohol and other drugs and suicide prevention services in the eastern and north-eastern Melbourne.
The Regional Plan is a key priority of the Fifth National Mental Health and Suicide Prevention Plan (the Fifth Plan), endorsed by the Council of Australian Governments Health Council in 2017.
The Fifth Plan seeks to establish a national approach for collaborative government effort from 2017 to 2022 across eight targeted priority areas:
- Achieving integrated regional planning and service delivery;
- Effective suicide prevention;
- Coordinated treatment and supports for people with severe and complex mental illness;
- Improving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health and suicide prevention;
- Improving the physical health of people living with mental illness and reducing early mortality;
- Reducing stigma and discrimination;
- Making safety and quality central to mental health service delivery;
- Ensuring the enablers of effective system performance and system improvement are in place.